Electrical explosion leaves worker scarred for life

Two construction companies have been fined £90,000 after two workers were seriously burned, and one scarred for life after they cut into a live 11,000v electrical cable. Southwark Crown Court heard the labourer and a bricklayer were working in a House of Lords site at Millbank, London, on 1 July 2013, to lay bricks around […] Source: Media centre – HSE » London
Electrical explosion leaves worker scarred for life

Manufacturing firm fined after worker crushed to death

Manufacturing company Hanson Packed Products Ltd has been prosecuted after a 26 year old worker was fatally crushed when his arm was caught in a powered roller. William Ridge was clearing sand around the base of an in-feed conveyor at the company’s bagging site in Dagenham on 25 September 2013 moments before his right arm […] Source: Media centre – HSE » London
Manufacturing firm fined after worker crushed to death

Man fined for unlicensed removal of asbestos

A Surrey man was fined for exposing the residents of a house in Putney, himself and his assistant to asbestos. Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard how the owner of a three-storey town house in Putney was upgrading the central heating system of his home when his plumbers identified that the boiler cupboard is his loft was […] Source: Media centre – HSE » London
Man fined for unlicensed removal of asbestos

Worker loses part of finger in pie machine

A company who produces cakes and pastries has been fined after a worker lost part of her finger in a pie and tart machine. Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard how an employee of Nectar Patisserie Limited noticed not enough dough was being discharged at the beginning of the production process into tart tins. In order to […] Source: Media centre – HSE » London
Worker loses part of finger in pie machine